Thursday 30 October 2014

5 Books that made a great movie.

Afternoon guys :) 
I haven't had much chance to watch a lot of films these past few days so I thought I'd give you another list to work through. This time I'm going to share with you some of my favourite movies that are based around a book; again it will be in no particular order. 


5. The Lovely Bones (2009)


Directed by the talented Peter Jackson; this film is an emotional roller-coaster from start to end and if you haven't watched it then you're missing out on a beautifully scripted masterpiece. It's very difficult to bring a character to life from a book and do it justice but this film is incredibly well cast with the likes of Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz and Susan Sarandon. Of course little Susie Salmon who is played by Saiorse Ronan is also an absolute wonder to watch. A moving, powerful film that really makes us wonder what actually happens when we die. 



4. Harry Potter (All of them) 



I'm the first to admit that I am in fact a Harry Potter superfan; the books were first released when I was 7 years of age so it took a few years before I started to read them and this was when I turned 11; which of course, is when the first film was released. Being the same age as Harry, Ron and Hermoine I practically grew up with them throughout the years and was always incredibly jealous that I hadn't been given a place at Hogwarts. The movies don't include several of the sub-plots that are in the books but this can be forgiven because each film is so powerful and action-packed, that it would be impossible to include everything from the book, especially parts that aren't key to the storyline. 
I have to say that the final films are my favourite, this could possibly be due to the fact that 'David Yates' directed them and he is from my home town and even studied at the same college I did so I have a soft spot for him. 
Anyway if you haven't seen these movies (where have you been?) then you DEFINITELY need to go and check them out and read the books too!



3. A Time To Kill (1996)


Now, I always find it difficult to place a film in to one of my all-time favourites list but 'A Time to Kill' is definitely one of them. A worthy winner in my top 10 movies of all time with incredibly powerful and moving acting; a storyline that pushes the boundaries in every way possible but really forces you to think and a film that shows the conflict and division between two races. The film is based off John Grisham's novel which was published in 1989 and it does it justice in every way possible; this film is a must see. 


2. Forrest Gump (1994)


Another one of my favourite films; Forrest Gump is a heart warming tale that makes you laugh and cry. Tom Hanks was perfect for the role and really brought Gump to life; I could never picture anyone else doing a better job. The book by Winston Groom (1986) was just as magical and it is fantastic that such a great book was able to be brought to life on screen. I know most of you will have watched this film but if you haven't then make sure it's at the top of your to do list, I promise you won't regret it. 


1. Shutter Island (2010)


Based on Dennis Lehane's 2003 novel this film is a mind twister; if you haven't read the book or seen the film then you're in for a surprise. Throughout the whole book/film you find yourself second guessing yourself and all of the characters; you don't know who to trust or what's really going on and that is what makes this film one of my favourite book adaptations. Don't expect this film to be an easy watch, you have to give it your divided attention if you want to keep up with what's going on and be sure not to miss anything but trust me it's worth your while!



No comments:

Post a Comment